Diane Cook Donovan
CAREER OBJECTIVE -- Web Site Developer
AREAS OF EXPERTISE -- Visual Studio - VB - HTML5 - CSS - MySQL - PHP - AJAX - jQuery
State of Vermont Agency of Transportation - Montpelier, VT (2011-present)
- Develop and maintain programs using Visual Studio, Visual Basic, Access, Web-based tools, and SQL and Oracle based databases. Develop new and modify existing programs and systems, documenting and completely testing and validating for accuracy before submitting to user. Assists users with application functions.
The Trustees of Reservations – Beverly, MA (2002-2011)
Consultant to the Director of Structural Resources
- Collaborated with the Director to design, build and fill a database of structures statewide in order to track deferred maintenance. The database was initially written using MS Access and later converted to a web-based MySQL database accessed with PHP coding. Recently added functionality to the Structures Database to track building energy use. (2002-present).
- Project Manager for the “Green Team” to evaluate the Trustees’ carbon footprint, supervising two summer interns compiling energy usage data (2008).
- Created MS Access database to issue vehicle permits on Martha’s Vineyard properties (2007).
The Trustees of Reservations – North Andover, MA (2009-2011)
Consultant to the Ecology Program Manager
The Trustees of Reservations – Leominster, MA (2005-2011)
Consultant to the Director of Planning & Stewardship
- Designed, built and deployed an online database for management plan implementation schedules for each property as well as routine maintenance plans. The database is written using MySQL and accessed with PHP coding.
Brattleboro Union High School – Brattleboro, VT (2009)
- Working with the Technology Coordinator, deployed 105 new Windows laptops to teachers and redeployed the used laptops for other uses within the school. Also, imported information from the SASI database to the newly acquired PowerSchool database.
U.S. Census Bureau – Arlington, MA (2009)
Enumerator - Lister
- Address Canvassing, interaction with residents, mastered use of specialized hand-held computer.
Winchester Historical Society – Winchester, MA (2005-2009)
- Implemented PastPerfect image management software scanning historic images from the archival collections into the database with a team of volunteers at the Town Archives as part of a Cultural Council Grant.
- Data entry of membership into the Society’s new PastPerfect software.
The Trustees of Reservations – Ipswich, MA (2001-2002)
Consultant for Historic Resources in the Northeast Region
- Scanned 25 deteriorating photograph albums personally compiled by Francis R. Appleton, Jr. (from 1895), in order to preserve the historic images and his hand-written captions.
Mary McKenna & Associates, Inc. – Winchester, MA (1992-2001)
Associate for Architectural Firm
- Supported the architectural work of the firm with presentation preparation, model building, preparation of field notes, specifications and schedules, production of reports and organization of contract documents.
- Researched the history of properties at local building departments, libraries, historic societies, registry of deeds and on-line.
- Created, produced and maintained the firm’s website using HTML code and Adobe ImageReady.
- Created and produced a PowerPoint presentation of the Little Holme project, using drawings, construction & professional photos, and historical research for the 2000 Restoration and Renovation Conference, Boston.
- Managed and designed computer applications and networking and was responsible for information management procedures.
- Produced marketing materials, investigated public and private design opportunities and maintained client and consultant relations.
U.S. Department of Defense – Fort George G. Meade, MD (1983-1987)
Associate Computer Scientist
- Member of system design team in the research organization.
- Worked from early analysis of system requirements through implementation of the design.
- Received several awards for individual contributions.
International Business Machines (IBM) – Essex Junction, VT (1982)
- Assisted electrical engineers and programmed software to evaluate tools, product and manufacturing process through the line.
- Adept at quickly learning new systems, applications and programming languages.
- Skilled in Windows PC computer systems and numerous applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); and graphic design applications including Adobe Photoshop, Flash, DreamWeaver, and Premier Pro.
- BS in Computer Science with a minor in Electrical Engineering, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- Multimedia Communication: Digital Storytelling (2013) -- Harvard Extension School
- Developing Interactive Media (2012) -- Harvard Extension School
- MS2310D Developing Web Applications Using MS Visual Studio 2008 SP1 (2011) – KnowledgeWave
- Developing Web-based Database Apps (2011) -- Harvard Extension School
- Intro to Computer Science using JAVA I & II (2010-2011) -- Harvard Extension School
- Building Dynamic Websites (2010) -- Harvard Extension School
- Joomla! Day New England (2010) – Marlborough College
- Web Content Management Systems Site Development (2010) -- Harvard Extension School
- Flash CS4 Pro (2010) -- Cambridge Center for Adult Education
- jQuery Conference '09 -- Microsoft Cambridge (September 2009)
- Advanced Coding Topics: jQuery Enhanced Interaction Design (2009) -- (CCAE)
- Advanced Coding Topics: XHTML/CSS (2009) -- (CCAE)
- SEO & Email Marketing (2009) -- Constant Contact & Brick Marketing
- Dreamweaver CS3 (2008) -- Cambridge Center for Adult Education (CCAE)
- PastPerfect and Town Archives Training (2004) -- Town of Winchester
- Dynamic Web Pages using PHP and Apache Server (2003) -- IEEE with Qualware Instruction
- The Conference for Adobe Photoshop Users (2000) -- CompuMaster
- Web Page Design for Design Professionals (1998 & 1999) -- Build Boston
- Excel 7.0 Level 2 (1998) -- CompUSA Computer Training
- Digital Imaging (1996) -- Cambridge Center for Adult Education (CCAE)
- Introductory Courses in Architecture (1987-9) -- Boston Architectural Center
- Pre-architecture program (1986) -- University of Maryland
- Winchester Historical Society
- Web Designer for www.WinchesterHistoricalSociety.org
- House Tours docent & Town Day Trolley Tour organizer
- Winchester Town Archives
- WGBH and This Old House docent for Milton House Project Tours
- Winchester First Congregational Church - Outreach Commission & Choir
INTERESTS -- Environmental Issues, History, Architecture, Genealogy, Needle Arts, Music